Billerica, MA 01821
email@example.com ● linkedin.com/in/jonathan-goulet-74970085
Currently seeking employment as an Information Technology Specialist.
After a successful twenty-year military career with the U.S. Coast Guard. I have a vast knowledge of different aspects of the Information Technology field such as cabling (including fiber optics), telephony, and computer administration (user, server, and network administration).
• Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012 along with Active Directory with over eleven years’ experience
• Over eight years’ experience with Cisco Switches, and Wireless Access Points
• Over eleven years of Telephony, Private Branch Exchange, VOIP and associated cabling
• Over five years working with Paging Systems
• Have held a Top-Secret Clearance
• Highly adaptable, precise technician
• Security + (Jan 2018) • ITLL Foundations V3 (May 2015) • A+ Certification (Dec 2002)
Service Manager Organizational Messaging | USCG TISCOM, Alexandria, VA | Aug 2016 – Present
- 1 of 4 Administrators for the U.S. Navy’s servers for the U.S. Coast Guard users.
- Administrator for Coast Guard Exchange servers.
- Administered 16K users and ensured that they had the correct access to organizational messaging.
- Created 10 Process Guides for users and administrators for daily use.
- Enforced USCG policy for organizational messages, to comply with security standards.
- Assisted USCG Headquarters in creating policy for organizational messages.
- Engineered new ways for optimal delivery of Organizational Messages to every USCG user.
- Maintained 1,000-unit specific addresses (PLAs) that are used for organizational messages.
- Maintained 250 distribution groups (Collectives) used for organizational messaging.
- Maintained the user permissions for 4,000 shared mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange.
- Maintained 4,000 distribution groups associated with the shared mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange.
- Created annual budget requests of $400K along with the spend plans.
- Tested software to ensure that the software is compatible with the USCG Satellite systems used by USCG ships when out to sea.
- Cellular Manager for the unit ensuring that 100 users can conduct business while on the road.
- Managed a team of 4 engineers ensuring daily execution of assigned projects as well as implementation of operation and maintenance lifecycle efforts.
Lead Shop Technician | USCG Headquarters, Washington, DC | Jul 2014 – Aug 2016
- Governed 3 different computer networks with different classifications and ensured that the networks remained up to date with no underlying issues on the networks.
- Controlled 40 Cisco network switches and ensured that were configured to meet the USCG standards, while also refreshing those switches when becoming outdated.
- Administrated 10 different servers on three different networks of different classification levels and ensured that they received all the proper patches and was operating as specified.
- Operated a Wi-Fi network that contained 100 Cisco Wireless Access Points to ensure that users could roam around the Coast Guard Headquarters building with ease and still be connected to the network.
- Installed backbone and horizontal cabling at 3 different offices within the Washington DC Metro Area to improve network connectivity for users.
- Maintained 4 different VoIP systems with associated voicemail systems to provide reliable phone service to users.
- Commanded 10 technicians in daily activities in ensuring that users problems were resolved while also ensuring that projects remained on schedule.
- Supervised 20 different projects as the project manager throughout the Washington DC Metro area for USCG units.
- Created a process guides to help technicians in daily tasks.
- Coordinated the schedule for the after-hours support for 10 technicians to provide support 365 days a year.
Lead Shop Technician | USCG ESD Cape Cod, Buzzards Bay, MA | Jul 2014 – Aug 2016
- Skilled Helpdesk Technician helping resolve a wide variety of issues for 2500 USCG users.
- Presided over 3 different computer networks with different classification levels all the while ensuring that the networks remained up to date with no issues.
- Oversaw 20 different servers on three different networks while ensuring that they were kept up to date.
- Governed 50 Cisco network switches and ensured that they met all the USCG standards.
- Sustained and repaired outside and inside cable plant and associated conduits for 15 different USCG stations.
- Preserved 15 different Private Branch Exchanges phone systems with associated voicemail systems.
- Directed 10 technicians in daily activities in ensuring that users problems were resolved and also ensured that projects remained on schedule.
- Supervised 20 different projects across multiple geographical areas.
- Maintained accountability of over $450K of USCG accountable property.
- Coordinated the schedule for 10 technicians to ensure that support was available around the clock.
Technician | USCGC SENECA, Boston, MA | Jul 2014 – Aug 2016
- Managed 2 different computer networks with different classification levels while ensured that the networks remained up to.
- Cared for 2 different servers on different networks and different classification levels while ensuring they were operating as specified.
- Administrated 4 Cisco stacked network switches to USCG standards.
- Supported a Private Branch Exchange phone system with associated voicemail system to provide 100 users with reliable phone service and announcing system.
- Kept a security watch to ensure the physical security of the ship to include monitoring CCTV monitors, Intrusion/Fire Alarms while visually watching the pier for unauthorized personnel, all the while answering and routing the incoming phone calls to crewmembers onboard the ship.
USCG Training Time | Multiple Units | May 2007 – Jun 2007
IT Student | USCG Training Center Petaluma, Petaluma, CA | Sep 2006 – Apr 2007
Learned basic electronic theory, both outside plant and inside plant cabling installation, basic telephony, private branch exchange phone systems, voice over IP, fiber optic cabling training, and computer system administration.
Boat Crewman & ATON Technician | Aids to Navigation Team Long Island Sound, New Haven, CT | May 2003 – Aug 2006
Telecommunications Specialist | USCGC BEAR, Portsmouth, VA | Mar 2000 – May 2003
- Operated satellite radio communications to ensure that the ship maintained operational and administrative tasking in a timely manner.
- Operated high frequency radio communications (as a secondary system) to ensure that the ship maintained operational and administrative tasking in a timely manner.
- Administrated 2 different computer networks with different classification levels.
USCG Training Time | Multiple Units | Sep 1998 – Feb 2000
BS Information Technology | University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA | In Progress estimated completion 2020
BS Information Technology with a Concentration in Information Security | Excelsior College, Albany, NY | In Progress estimated completion 2020
Leadership and Management Completion Certificate / USCG Leadership Development Center, New London, CT
USCG IT Completion Certificate / USCG Training Center Petaluma, Petaluma, CA
USCG TC Completion Certificate / USCG Training Center Petaluma, Petaluma, CA
High School Diploma / Old Orchard Beach High School, Old Orchard Beach, ME
Annual Training Requirements
Every year completed mandatory training in the following subject areas:
- CR/HRA Sexual Harassment Prevention
- CR/HRA Orientation
- CR/HRA Basic Human Awareness
- Privileged User (Administrator) refresher training to ensure that administrators aren’t abusing their permissions
- Federal Cyber Awareness Challenge